REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
To apply, please follow the submission steps below:
- Read press release below.
- Send to description of vehicle and electronic photographs to Steve Legerski, Show Manager, at email@example.com.
- All submissions will be reviewed by the Acceptance and Placement Committee for consideration.
This year, the 2021 Summit Racing Equipment I-X Piston Powered Auto-Rama celebrates its 55th year in Cleveland, Ohio at the I-X Center, March 12 – 14, 2021 under a re-launched theme with all roads leading to Cleveland for the Piston Powered March Motor Mania 2.0.
With the cancelled 2020 event behind us, Steve Legerski (Show Manager) is excited to fill the floors of the I-X Center with 1,000+ piston-powered vehicles and welcome back more than 55,000 car enthusiasts to one of the biggest Classic Car show in the world.
As of 12:01am EST today (Wednesday, July 1st), applications are being accepted for the 2021 Piston Powered Auto-Rama, but space is limited. “The application process for the 2021 will be very limited,” said Legerski. “We provided all 2020 participants, both non-commercial and commercial, the opportunity to a receive a refund by opting out of their place in the show. We were both amazed and humbled by the number of participants who retained their space for the 2021 show. Of the 1036 available spots, only 17 spaces are available on the non-commercial vehicles. That’s an incredible 98.36% retention rate for the 2021 Summit Racing Equipment I-X Piston Powered Auto-Rama.”
Legerski said, “Anyone interested in one of these non-commercial spots will need to contact me directly with a description of their vehicle along with an electronic photograph. I will then route the RFP (Request for Placement) to the appropriate Acceptance and Placement Committee for consideration.”
Commercial vendors will need to contact Mike Halloran, the event’s Exhibit Sales Representative, after September 1st by phone (216) 265-2541, fax (216) 265-7476 or e-mail at mhalloran@ixcenter for placement in the show.
The 2021 will feature five main areas plus host 32 feature areas, which brings the total vehicle count including aircraft to 1448, plus 60 vendors, 84 swap meet tables and 70 toy modeler tables.
Main Hall: All vehicles are entered under the ISCA/Summit Racing Equipment Show Car Series (Consists of a full vehicle inspection) by the ISCA judges. Vehicles can also be entered under the I-X Piston Powered Auto-Rama Driven Series (“Rockers-up” inspection by the ISCA judges).
Motorcycles: The show will award the following in cash awards: $1,000 Best Bike, $500 Outstanding Bike NOTE: The 2021 Duck Award is hosted and judged by Thunder Roads Ohio.
Hot Rod Asylum: The Hot Rod Asylum will feature vehicles OLDER THAN 1970 including cars, trucks and motorcycles that have a nostalgic appearance that includes Hot Rods, Kustoms and Nostalgic Race Cars. BACK FOR 2021: The Hot Rod Asylum will host the “Padded Cell” area for project cars. All vehicles will be screened by the Hot Rod Asylum Registration Committee. The Hot Rod Asylum hosted by the Slick Devils Car Club will feature “The Straight Jacket Award” as its Top Award and will showcase the Devil’s Row, Gasser Madness and Dirty Dozen. All vehicles in the Hot Rod Asylum are judged by the Hot Rod Asylum judges and are eligible for the Hot Rod Asylum trophies only.
Fatman’s Invasion of the South Hall: Featuring Euros, imports, sport compacts, modern American muscle cars and low riders! NEW FOR 2021: These vehicles will be judged by the ISCA/Summit Racing Equipment judging team and will be awarded trophies in their respective ISCA class. Additionally, five (5) trophies will be awarded from all the entries in the South Hall as the Fatman’s Fave Five.
The Concourse: A Walk in History at the I-X Center:
The Concourse is hosted by the Northern Ohio Car Club Association featuring their club’s cars as well as car clubs from Canada. The Concourse area was formerly the cafeteria for the Cleveland Tank Plant.
2020 & 2021 Event Timeline
- May 1, 2020: OPT OUT DEADLINE.
- May 9, 2020: Car Club Meeting. An invitation will be sent to each car club. NOTE: An alternate date may be used.
- July 10, 2020: Applications available on-line and at Summit Racing Equipment or on our website to fill OPTED OUT spots.
- August 1, 2020: Deadline to notify show of any changes to original and accepted application to Steve Legerski, Show Manager.
- October 1, 2020: Car Clubs deadline for their final 2021 floor plans.
- October 15, 2020: Welcome kits mailed to all participants.
- November 27, 2020: Tickets go on sale for 2021 show.
- March 10, 2021: Wednesday Move-In: 8:00 am – 8:00 pm.
- March 11, 2021: Thursday: Move-In: 8:00 am – 8:00 pm.
- March 12 – 14, 2021: Summit Racing Equipment I-X Piston Powered Auto-Rama: March Motor Mania 2.0