Learn your ABCs at the 2018 Summit Racing Equipment I-X Piston Powered Auto – Rama Student Career Day!
Students participating in Student Career Day enter the I-X Center on Friday, March 15th before the
show is open to the general public. As students arrive, they receive goodie bags, food coupons (if
purchased), and a wristband that allows them free access to the show for the entire weekend. The
students will attend a brief welcome reception, which includes talks by key industry representatives,
renowned car builders and sponsors. After the reception, students are encouraged to walk through the
show to get an up-close look at the vehicles and have an opportunity to speak with car owners and
Attending Student Career Day: All students and instructors that participate will purchase a three day wristband for $10 that will allow them access to the show all three days.
Building a Pedal Car in the Summit Racing Pedal Car Contest: ONLY 8 Available!
Competing at the Hot Rodders of Tomorrow Engine Challenge (for High School Students)
Student Career Day Goals:
- Expose students to opportunities in the specialty automotive repair and aftermarket industry
that SEMA calls a $34 billion industry.
- Allow students to view the talents of the participants who have handcrafted many of the vehicles
participating in the I-X Piston Powered Auto-Rama.
- Provide a forum for students to view firsthand some of North America’s finest show vehicles,
many of which have been featured in magazines and television programs.
- Allow the schools / students / teams to participate in and be exposed to the Hot Rodders of Tomorrow engine rebuilding competition.
- Provide an opportunity for students to visit with many of the car owners and builders who have
painstakingly completed their projects.
For more information on Student Career Day please contact Scott McGorty.
Group Sales Manager